Articles, Suggestions...
Freelance Job Sites
Developers, Designers, Writers...
Productivity Tools
General, Project, Finance...
Freelance Forums
Discuss anything freelance...

Hiring freelancers to work for you

Discussions related to the business of freelancing including starting out as a freelancer, contracts & legal issues, managing clients & pricing your services.

Hiring freelancers to work for you

Postby alportman » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:55 am

I'm interested in scaling my business and taking it to the next level. I've been freelancing on my own for several years now and this is my full-time job. I've gotten to the point where I really don't have the capacity to take on new clients. I already work 50 to 60 hours a week and my wife thinks I'm a workaholic.

So I'm at a point in where I think it's time to start building a small workforce. I still want to keep things small and don't want to open up an office. I'd like to hire other freelancers to work with, but this is not something I've done in the past. So I guess my question to the forum is "does anyone have any advice on how to find and hire top-quality freelancers to work for another freelancer?"
alportman

Re: Hiring freelancers to work for you

Postby Dave » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Odesk is one site I'd recommend. You can find expert freelancers. I've yet to actually use the site, but I'd like to join up on it and try to work for others as soon as I can. What kind of site are you running by the way? What kind of freelancers are you looking for? oDesk should have what you're looking for though. ;)

https://www.odesk.com
Follow me on Twitter: @Bremaine
Dave

Postby nataliamarie88 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:11 pm

peopleperhour.com is another that I'd suggest. I've hired people on there before and it worked out perfectly
nataliamarie88

Postby ChrisS. » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I have done work for Elance. I believe It's similar to oDesk. People post jobs and then you bid on the job. If you're happy with the results, you can make a request to use the same freelancer over and over. On Elance, the country of residence for the freelancer shows up if that makes a difference for you.
ChrisS.

Postby josh » Tue May 29, 2012 1:33 am

In order to hire a highly talented freelancer you need to pay for it to get the best one. When hiring always keep in mind that it is easy to hire but it is difficult to hire the right person for the job. Sometimes conducting an interview is just not enough to determine the capabilities of a person to do work. The best way to do is to try them first, which will help you hiring a person who is not capable for the job. You can look for freelancers at Guru.com, vWorker.com and Staff.com, where you can interview or make a 10 hours trial before hiring which is also a good way to screen applicants. These are just some of the sites where you can look for freelancers. You can also look for freelancers on social medial like Twitter.com.
josh

Return to Business Side of Freelance