Productivity Tools
General, Project, Finance...
Freelance Forums
Discuss anything freelance...

Online Writing Jobs

General discussions about freelancing.

Online Writing Jobs

Postby BorntoWin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:11 pm

I know there have to be writing jobs on the internet besides articles. Can anyone tell me what they are. I know you can write blogs. Does anyone do that? Can you make enough to make it worthwhile?
BorntoWin

Re: Online Writing Jobs

Postby Sookie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:30 pm

I prefer writing blog posts for clients than I do articles, so that's what I've done the most of when I've freelanced online.

Can you make enough? Well, you can make as much as you would when writing articles. I've never charged differently between articles and blog posts. Whether it's worthwhile depends on what 'worthwhile' means to you. For me, it has been, as a part-time income. As full-time income I'd have to organise my time more efficiently, but I feel it's possible to earn a full-time income from it, and worthwhile.

Besides writing articles and blog posting, there's also blog commenting too.
Sookie

Postby ChrisS. » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:36 pm

There are job sites such as oDesk and Elance where you can put in bids on all types of jobs, from writing to more technical tasks. The amount that clients are willing to pay varies according to the type of job. If you are successful with your bids you can make quite a bit, but it's not always easy to be awarded jobs when you first start.
ChrisS.

Postby ChrisS. » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 pm

There are job sites such as oDesk and Elance where you can put in bids on all types of jobs, from writing to more technical tasks. The amount that clients are willing to pay varies according to the type of job. If you are successful with your bids you can make quite a bit, but it's not always easy to be awarded jobs when you first start.
ChrisS.

Postby Ballotellme » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 am

I think today you can get paid to write almost anything online. What about writing reviews? I also heard that some writers make nice incomes writing papers for college students. I don't know if it is legal though.
Ballotellme

Postby brainbender » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Get skilled at writing things like reviews or press releases. Most writers do lousy reviews and most do not know how to format and write a press release properly. Both are types of work that people will pay more for and neither takes more work than an article.
brainbender

Postby MaryB » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 am

Hi BorntoWin
You should check freelance websites that post jobs, there are several out there and you can find tons of writing jobs. Whether or not you can make enough money for it to be worthwhile to you depends on a lot of factors. The number one factor being your writing skills of course.
Mary
MaryB

Postby ChrisS. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:30 pm

There are job postings for a number of different types of writing, besides article writing. They range from writing content for webmasters for their websites , to posting comments on social bookmarking sites.
ChrisS.

Postby Timeuser » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:16 pm

I do article writing and also blog commenting and blog writing. Sometimes I also post on forums for some clients who want to get their products out there. You can also write advertising if you have the knack for that. I'm not very good at that kind of writing so it's not something I do. This isn't the thing I make most of my money from. Sometimes you don't get paid very much for blog commenting or blog writing, but it can be very entertaining and you learn a lot!
Timeuser

Return to General Freelance